The home and site url options can easily be changed. You can do this in the wp-admin panel or in the database. Watch the video or follow the steps below.
- In WP-admin
- Log in to WP-admin
- Click on the 'Settings' menu item in the left menu
- Change the value for WordPress Adress (URL), this option is called 'home' in the database
- Change the value for Site Adress (URL), this option is called 'siteurl' in the database
- Click on 'Save Changes', you will now be logged out.
- In the database (using phpMyAdmin)
Log in to the PHPMyAdmin.
Select your database in the left hand column.
Select the table wp_options.
Click above on Search.
- Fill in home or site url next to option_name in the text field and click below on Go.
- Click on edit for the result that has been found.
- Adjust the value for option_value to the desired value.
- Click below on 'Go'.