You can manage your backups (also known as 'snapshots') of your site in admin.savvii.nl.
Some important facts about our backups:
- Backups will be stored up to two weeks and are therefore only recoverable for that time. This includes your manually created backups.
- Backups are only recoverable to your live site. You can not download them via our control-panel (yet).
- Backups are created and encrypted on the live server, after which they are stored off-site. Backups will therefore never leave our platform unencrypted.
- Contact us to discuss the possibility of downloading your backups.
After logging in at admin.savvi.nl, click the 'Manage' button behind the site you'd like to manage the backups of.
Open the 'Backups' tab.
On your screen you will see information about all available backups for your site. You can see when a backup was made and who requested it. You can also see the state of backups and if applicable ongoing processes are also shown.
Create a backup
Click on the 'Create backup' button
The system will ask you to provide an optional label for this backup (for example "before the updates") for future reference. After confirmation, the server will create a backup for you to later be able to restore.
Restore a backup immediately
If you want to restore a complete backup of your site, click on 'Restore' on the backup that you need restored.
Additional information about the backup is shown.
Confirm the restore of the full backup by pressing 'Restore'.
Our system will immediately start restoring all files and the database. Depending on the site of the backup this can take just a few seconds or hours. With very big sites we advice to use 'Restore backup (advanced)'. See our explanation below.
Restore backup (advanced)
You don't have to restore your site completely. It is possible to restore a backup partially.
To do this, click on 'Restore backup (advanced)'.
Press on 'Show advanced options'.
In the next screen you can choose which part(s) of the backup you want to restore.
- Code: all files of the WordPress code, plugins and theme's. In the folder structure this contains all files in /wordpress/current/ except for /wordpress/current/wp-content/uploads/.
- Database: this backup contains the database of your site. The database contains stellings, pages, posts and passwords of your site.
- Uploads folder: this contains all files in the uploads folder of WordPress. This means all the files in /wordpress/current/wp-content/uploads/. The uploads folder contact all the files of the Media Library, this includes images and movies. This folder is usually the largets folder and therefor it can take longer to restore this backup.
How long will it take to restore a backup?
Restoring the backup is an automated process and start immediatly. Smaller sites are restored within a few minutes. Bigger sites can take longer. You'll receive an e-mail when the restore is completed. You can also find the status in the Backups screen in admin.savvii.nl.
Can i download a backup or just restore one file?
It's possible to download a backup but you're not able to do this in admin.savvii.nl or using sFTP. To do this you'll need to create a ticket. Depending on the type of request additional costs can be charged.