WordPress.com is a way to set up a blog free of charge. In this article you'll read how to transfer a wordpress.com site to a Wordpress site with Savvii.
Step 1: Register a domain name, you can do this with our sister company vip.nl.
Step 2: Choose a hosting plan that suits you.
- Pick the right plan on Savvii.eu
- Enter the new domain name
Step 3: Change your DNS setting at your domain registrar.
- Enter the IP adress of the Savvii server (read our article about adjusting DNS)
Step 4: Exporte the Wordpress.com data
- Log in to your wordpress.com site and click extra -> export.
- Choose free export.
- Click All content.
- Click Download export file.
Step 5: Import Wordpress data
- Log in to your new Savvii site.
- Click Extra -> Import.
- Install and activate the plugin importer.
- select the XML file (the export file) and click Upload and import files. Also chekc the option to import all attachments, to have all images imported as well.
Stap 6: Check the site