The home- and site-URL are settings in WordPress. The home URL indicates which URL the home page should get. The site-URL is the setting for the root folder of the WordPress files. In a standard WordPress installation, these two settings are the same. If you want to use Savvii's managed hosting service - such as automatic backups or updates - the default installation of WordPress is required.
You can change both settings in three ways: via the WP-admin, with WP-CLI via SSH (on VPS) or via the database. The latter option only applies in principle if you can no longer reach the WP-admin.
1. Via WP-admin
- Log in as administrator.
- Click on 'Settings' -> 'General' in the left menu.
- Adjust the value of the WordPress address (URL) and Site Address (URL) fields to the desired values.
- Save the changes.
2. Via WP-CLI (this only works on a VPS when the SSH function is enabled)
- Make sure that the following commands are executed in the /wordpress/current/-map, as always with WP-CLI
- Execute the following commands:
wp option update home 'http://example.com' wp option update siteurl 'http://example.com'
3. Directly in the database
- Log in to the phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database in the left column.
- Select the table wp_options.
- Click on Search at the top of the screen
- Enter option_name in the text field home and click on Go at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on edit to find the result
- With option_value, adjust the value to the set point value.
- Click on Go at the bottom.
- Perform the above steps again, but then search for siteurl.