This page will guide you through Savvii's backup system. We give you the opportunity to make, restore and download backups quickly and easily via our admin panel.
Some important (technical) issues concerning your backups:
- Backups are stored for two weeks and can therefore only be put back for 'just' two weeks. Also manually made backups.
- You can restore backups to the live server, or download them from admin.savvii.com.
- Backups are made on the server and encrypted with strong encryption. The backup is then stored off-site. If you request a download, it is temporarily stored on a secure server without encryption.
The backup tab in our admin panel looks like this:
1) The "Backups" tab displays all backups made.
2) The "Recently Restored" tab displays all backups recently restored to the website.
3) The "Downloads" tab displays all backups that are ready to be downloaded.
Creating and managing your backups
The "Backups" tab contains all the information from the backups of your website. From here you can also create, download or restore backups to the website.
1) Make backup - Make a backup of this site. You can label this backup to make it easier for you to keep track of your backups later on. The backup will contain everything within the website (code, uploads and database).
2) Restore Backup (advanced) - Due to the advanced options you can choose to restore only one or more parts of the backup.
3) Info - View the label, size and detailed information of the respective backup.
4) Download - Prepare a part of the backup for download. The backup will then be prepared in a zip file.
5) Restore - Restore the relevant backup to the live website. You will be asked for confirmation first.
Restoring a backup
Click on the "Restore Backup (Advanced)" button. You will see a screen where you can indicate which backup you would like to restore to the live site.
When you click on the "Show advanced options" button you will get the option to restore individual parts of the backup.
As soon as you click on the "Continue with the restore" button you will be asked to confirm the action:
As soon as the restore is complete, you will automatically receive an e-mail from our system. Restoring a backup can take a few minutes to hours, depending on the size and number of files.
Downloading a backup
In the overview of your backups you can click on the "Download" button behind the backup you want to download.
You will then be asked which parts of the backup you want to download. Each part will be prepared as an individual zip archive.
When you have selected the desired parts, click on the "Download" button. You will now be redirected to the "Downloads" tab of the backups.
Here you can see the status of the downloads you have requested. A download must first be retrieved from our secure storage before you can download it.
As soon as a download is ready to download, you can click on the "Download" button. If you would like to check if your download has been received completely and unaltered, you can check it with the checksum that we "Show".
You can delete a download from our download server by clicking on the "Delete" button. This does not affect the backup, only the download.